AllowAUSTIN POWERS. International Man Of Mystery.
myself, to introduce, myself.
I started blogging in 2009 shortly after my daughter Ella Mae was born. Blogging then led to website creation and development mixed with a full-on obsession with understanding the science behind social media. Basically how to grab the attention of viewers and further connections with target audiences.
I learned about web development and social media out of necessity. My parents are pastors of a church and run a ministry in Buffalo New York. Most of my info was just knowledge so that we would not get hustled. Then it became applied ideas when everyone saw the popularity of my own efforts. Believe me, I had no idea what I was doing. Slowly but surely I began to learn, and I don’t stop learning in this ever way we connect with others. I remain fascinated every day by how technology and social media have connected people in a way like no other.
Facts About April:
- I am a native to Western New York, I grew up in a suburb outside of Buffalo. I have lived there most of my adult life.
- I went to school for Elementary Education but decided not to be a teacher.
- For the past 19 years, I have worked in full-time ministry doing just about everything but focusing on media and writing.
- We have 4 kiddos. Ella, Mikey, JJ, and Julia.
- I now live in Roswell GA and I LOVE IT.
- I am outdoors obsessed. I would rather be outside than anywhere. As long as I get cell service that is…
- My favorite color hands down is pink.
- I only write with Pilot Frixion Erasable pens ( no not a plug just a personal ” Must Have”) oh wait I have many more of those to come.
Here is where I insert all the pro pics we have taken in over a decade, shamelessly.
So What do I do? That is easy. I help people just like you convey their message and reach others using all the tools that are available to them. I consider myself to be very blessed to have the experiences I have had in so many different areas of utilizing content, imagery & social media.
One of the best experiences that I have that leaves a huge impact with others is my resourcefulness. OK lets just be blunt, I am frugal. I do not like to spend money on things that I am capable to do myself, yet I don’t like them to look like I did them. I know that makes sense to many of you.
To get that pro look I have taken every opportunity I can to further my skill set. Since 2014, I have built countless sites using Genesis Framework using Restored 316 design and instruction to totally personalize the sites. I have worked one on one with the head programmer and developer Susan from Pretty Darn Cute Designs. I love and use their themes too.
- WordPress.org theme customization
- Genesis Framework
- Google Fonts
- Woo Commerce
- Ad Placement
- Google Analytics
- SEO & Keyword content
- Google AdSense
- Image creation
- Strategic Social Media ( all major platforms)
- Video Creation
- Custom GIF creation
- Paid ad placement and tracking
- Affiliate Marketing
- Brand Spotlight
- Full custom branding & logo design
- Site Refreshing work
- Square Space Developer Mode
- All drop and drag platforms
- Shopify management & site / brand / shop development
- Email Campaigns / MailChimp / constant contact / Covertkit
- Landing pages and email list building
- Web-based/ social media giveaway – promotion
- Guest blogging
- E-course and resource creation
- Podcast creation and development
- Etsy shop set up and branding creation
- Blog & personal branding development
- Print product design and oversight
Now just because I can do those things, I would be a fool to tell you that there is nobody better than me at that very long list.
In this massive world of web design and media creation, there are endless resources and skilled experts. Affordable and fast you can easily create your vision of your web presence. I am here to bring your brand or story to life with my personal skills and the talents of other freelancers I trust and use frequently with success.
People ask me all the time how do they do all these things. The truth is you can spend years learning how to do it. Yet you will spend time and money and frustration doing so. I advise that you educate yourself so you are knowledgeable about what your goals and objectives are in web design and social media. In doing that you will have a good understanding of what your abilities are and when it is time to bring in help. The best part, you will understand what the pro is saying and be able to fully articulate your needs. You will also know the real costs of what it takes to produce a web presence in excellence. Most people assume it takes too much money to do this all correctly. They are so very wrong.
My advice to anyone looking into investing in proper setup and plan for their web presence is to do the research.
I am here to show you all your options and inform you.
Know enough so you do not get ripped off.
That is my science to social media.
I am thrilled that you have begun to take a look at Socialized Media. This is a whole new site. I invite you to subscribe to our email list to stay in the loop or even follow us on Instagram to keep up with our latest projects.
Want to connect, or work with us? Email me right here.
Thank you for checking us out. It would be a true joy to help you in whatever area serve in creating your web image in excellence.